Sorry More Newbie problems

I have received my two boards and have followed the BX Guide and tried both Win10 and Ubuntu 18.04 on a couple of PCs.
But am hitting similar but different problems in both OS environments.
The tools seem to install correctly and once I had discovered the magic of the reset button to get into bootloader mode, I seemed to be making progress. (Perhaps a sentence or two on this could be added to the guide?)

But communication with the board seems to be a problem. I read through the posts and gleaned a few extra details but I can’t get past this stage to program a new hardware.bin.

tinyprog -l produces this (when in bootloader mode.)
C:\Users\admin\projects\TinyFPGA\blink_project>tinyprog -l

TinyProg CLI
------------
Using device id 1d50:6130
Only one board with active bootloader, using it.
Boards with active bootloaders:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “c:\users\admin\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\runpy.py”, line 193, in run_module_as_main
main”, mod_spec)
File “c:\users\admin\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\runpy.py”, line 85, in run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts\tinyprog.exe_main
.py", line 9, in
File "c:\users\admin\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\site-packages\tinyprog_main
.py", line 268, in main
p = TinyProg(ser)
File “c:\users\admin\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\site-packages\tinyprog_init_.py”, line 121, in init
self.wake()
File “c:\users\admin\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\site-packages\tinyprog_init_.py”, line 165, in wake
self.cmd(0xab)
File “c:\users\admin\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\site-packages\tinyprog_init_.py”, line 155, in cmd
self.ser.write(bytearray(cmd_write_string))
File “c:\users\admin\appdata\local\programs\python\python36\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py”, line 323, in write
raise writeTimeoutError
serial.serialutil.SerialTimeoutException: Write timeout

While “apio system --lsserial” produces the following, without error:-
Number of Serial devices found: 1

COM15
Description: USB Serial Device (COM15)
Hardware info: USB VID:PID=1209:2100 SER=5 LOCATION=1-1

But it looks like the VID:PID numbers are wrong.

Any pointers to help me debug this would be appreciated.
Cheers