Hi Andres, thanks for this project!
I have yet to test the complete terminal, I am looking for an old PS/2 keyboard.
(It would be interesting to try USB keyboards in the future … )
But yes, I also used systemd for getty.
In Debian it is easy to use, you just have to activate it and start the service.
If anyone wants to try, my completed process was the following:
- Clone repository from github:
git clone https://github.com/AndresNavarro82/vt52-fpga.git
- Modify the PCF file to use other pins already connected to my VGA connector.
- Synthesize and upload the bitstream on the TinyFPGA-BX.
- If you need, skip bootloader sending byte 0x00.
echo -n -e ‘\x0’ > /dev/ttyACM0
- Test VGA console display with a simple:
echo hello > /dev/ttyACM0
- Active service getty in ttyACM0.
systemctl enable serial-getty@ttyACM0.service
- And start service.
systemctl start serial-getty@ttyACM0.service
And that’s it …
When I have the PS/2 keyboard, I will try to login and test the terminal completely, but for the moment it looks very good, Andres … thanks again!.